Ethos and Values
To ensure that no young person is educationally disadvantaged.
The ‘Daylesford Academy Family’ is built on the core values of ‘Caring, Believing and Understanding’ and strives to provide a safe and supportive environment where all pupils have high aspirations, thrive, both personally and academically, and succeed in being the best that they can be.
- To provide inclusive education and support for pupils who cannot manage in a mainstream school setting.
- To promote positive communication between home, school and pupil.
- To facilitate experiences and learning that instils emotional intelligence through a sequential curriculum and extensive pastoral support in order to promote learning skills necessary for pupils to progress in life and learning and become good citizens.
- To set high expectations that believe in pupils’ potential while understanding their need.
- To help parents feel safe and welcome in school through communication that encourages parent and child cooperation and positive engagement in the child’s emotional progress, skills, and learning.
- To ensure pupils have access to therapeutic input that is appropriate and relevant for the individual pupil and is part of a ‘joined-up service’ where all professionals involved with the pupil share information which will ensure progress that involves the ‘whole child’