Daylesford Academy is a small 35 alternative provision who offer a nurturing approach to support vulnerable pupils who cannot manage in a mainstream setting through their educational journey. In particular those who have special educational needs including:
- Emotional regulation difficulties
- Mental health difficulties
- ADHD (diagnosed and undiagnosed)
- ASD (diagnosed and undiagnosed)
- General learning difficulties
- Dyslexia (diagnosed and undiagnosed)
- Drugs and alcohol issues
- Experience of domestic violence
- Low school engagement and attendance
Pupils may be admitted to Daylesford Academy throughout the year via our referral form. Schools can request a form from our school office.
We aim to provide the best quality education by delivering well prepared and stimulating lessons that will engage “hard to reach pupils”.
Aims of Daylesford Academy
- The Academy aims to support young people who cannot manage in a mainstream setting.
- Achieve accreditation, to improve each young person’s life chances
- To reinforce positive behaviour and challenge unacceptable behaviour
- To enable young people to develop their skills and fulfil their potential